Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Kates Playground [2010]

francine (1 / 3) ways to kill


The greatest souls are just as capable of the greatest vices as the greatest virtues. René Descartes

The man wrapped in a cloak looked at the window while the other side of glass, dozens of pairs of blue and green eyes stared back without blinking. Upon entering the store was startled by the sound of the doorbell. The craftsman asked what he wanted and the man wrapped in a layer showed a cameo: it was a girl of about five years, long blond hair, blue eyes and rosy cheeks. The artisan stared blankly. Then the man wrapped in a layer on the counter emptied a bag gold coins. The craftsman collected coins and smiled. _____________

- Seeking Dutch.

Chinese, not just look at me, I went with a nod toward the bottom of the den. The room was dark and a thick fog and spicy invaded every corner. Hardly a sound could be heard even though in each room were several men and women lying down, some even sharing a bed. There was only one man who was not lying, but sitting at the only window of the place. His hair was white and bore the burden of old age on his shoulders. Sitting at a table for two, was all alone and staring at the dirty glass. I walked and talked. I looked. I sat opposite him in an empty chair, and only to come between him and the window he acknowledge my presence.

- You are the Dutch?
- Dutch What you want? There are many Dutch land, and even more in the bottom of the sea.
- Seeking to say he met the Flying Dutchman.

His face twitched and then I realized that in fact it was not an elder. Her skin, though tanned by the sun, was smooth and boyish look. Although his hair hung in careless white locks, his eyes betrayed a few more than twenty years.

- Yes, yes ... I sail under his command. It is a good captain, yes, yes, good captain. He cares about us, is merciful, if we pray on Saturdays Sundays let us drink rum, he prays a lot, yes, yes. A really stupid name that of Flying Dutchman, not like, no, not like anything. He already has his own name. I could tell the story of Captain Fokke, yes, I could, but I do not want to remember ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment